Landscape Lighting Vs Security Lighting
Whether you end up choosing landscape lighting or security lighting, just taking the time to do research is a great first step. At the end of the day, finally have outdoor lighting at all will make a huge difference.
In fact, more than likely, you’re not going to be disappointed, no matter which lighting you have installed. That is, as long as the design is professional and the installation is as well.
It matters more the electricians you choose to work with because they’ll be in charge of the design and the installation. Ultimately, they’ll determine how well the job goes over.
Plus, they should be willing to help you make the right decision by helping you better understand your options, and the pros and cons of each. Here’s some advice that may help you make a decision about your own property.
Which Lighting is Right For You?
Honestly, there are probably more similarities than differences when it comes to exterior lighting. It’s certainly about more than just having lights but what are the similarities and differences?
- Landscape lighting is meant to be more decorative while security lights are more utilitarian. However, they will both provide the outside of your home with adequate lighting, if placed correctly.
- Landscape lighting is often turned on for a few hours after sunset to showcase the home’s exterior. Yet security lighting may be left on all through the night. Or, it may be set to turn on if activated in the event of motion sensor security lights.
- You may choose various colors of lights for landscape lights while sticking to something more functional for security purposes.
That being said, there are some things that either style of lighting can do for you.
- When properly placed, outdoor lighting helps eliminate shadows, places for criminals to hide and possibly gain access to your home.
- Outdoor lighting can deter illicit activity altogether since criminals seek out homes that are easy targets – property with no outdoor lighting or security systems.
- Both styles of lighting will increase the property value of your home, making this a wise investment.
- Either styles of lights can beautify the outside of your home, to some degree.
- The right placement isn’t just about highlighting the features you want noticed, it’s about using clever placement to take the visual attention off the spots you don’t want seen.
When you’re ready to get service from Vernon electricians call Tesla Electrical Solutions. Whether you need more advice about landscape and security lighting or are ready to get yours installed, we’re the name to trust.