Aluminum Wiring Replacement New Jersey
New Jersey homeowners usually encounter aluminum wiring when they move into a home that was built during the 1970’s or ’80’s. If your home has aluminum wiring, you should hire a licensed electrical contractor to check the following things:
- Fixtures (eg: outlets and switches) directly attached to aluminum wiring should be rated for it. The device will be stamped with “Al/Cu” or “CO/ALR”. The latter supersedes the former, but both are safe. These fixtures are somewhat more expensive than the ordinary ones.
- Wires should be properly connected (at least 3/4 way around the screw in a clockwise direction). Connections should be tight. While repeated tightening of the screws can make the problem worse, during the inspection it would pay off to snug up each connection. Note that aluminum wiring is still often used for the main service entrance cable. It should be inspected.
- “push-in” terminals are an extreme hazard with aluminum wire. Any connections using push-in terminals should be redone with the proper screw connections immediately.
- There should be no signs of overheating: darkened connections, melted insulation, or “baked” fixtures. Any such damage should be repaired immediately.
- Connections between aluminum and copper wire need to be handled specially.
The NEC requires that the wire be connected together using special crimp devices, with an anti-oxidant grease. The tools and materials for the latter are quite expensive – not practical to do it yourself unless you can rent the tool. [Note that regulations are changing rapidly in this area. Suggest that you discuss any work with an inspector if you’re going to do more than one or two connections.
- Any non-rated receptacle can be connected to aluminum wiring by means of a short copper “pigtail”. See (5) above.
Don’t panic if your New Jersey house has aluminum wiring. Aluminum wiring, when properly installed, can be just as safe as copper. New Jersey aluminum wiring is, however, very unforgiving of improper installation. Give Tesla Electrical Solutions a call today for friendly and reliable New Jersey aluminum wiring replacement or installation services.
Our New Jersey Aluminum Wiring Replacement Contractor Provides:
- Aluminum Re-wiring
- Aluminum Electrical Wiring
- Aluminum House Wiring
- Aluminum Wiring Repairs
- Aluminum Wiring Replacement
- Aluminum Outlet Wiring
- Replacing Aluminum Wiring
- Aluminum Wiring Electrician
- Aluminum Wiring Contractor
Why New Jersey Should Hire Us For Their Aluminum Wiring Replacement
Whether you need Aluminum Wiring Replacement, Aluminum Re-wiring, or just need a professional New Jersey electrician, Tesla Electrical Solutions has you covered. We look forward to welcoming you as a customer and being your preferred electrician whenever you have a Aluminum Wiring Replacement problem in your New Jersey home.
At Tesla Electrical Solutions, your experience includes treating you and your home with respect. We enjoy our Aluminum Wiring Replacement work and it shows! When you invite our New Jersey electricians into your home, you will encounter not only expertly trained service, but experts who are trained to deliver to you a tailored and unique service experience.
- Hiring a New Jersey Electrician for Electrical Repairs and Services
Here are some points that you should keep in mind as you go about hiring a New Jersey Electrician to ensure that you will receive high quality services in your home. Most households and buildings regularly require electrical repairs. This is logical as electricity is always used for operating appliances, equipment, and other machines. Short-circuits…Read More
- Holiday Electrical Safety Tips for Vernon Property Owners
As we get into the holiday season, it seems like more and more people are putting up decorations earlier and earlier. The entire month of October is dedicated to scary Halloween lighting. Then we quickly transition into fall themed Thanksgiving decorations. Before you know it, the Christmas lights are out in full effect. For three…Read More